Wednesday 11th March
8.45 for 09.00 - 12.30. Church House, Westminster.
Keynote speech: Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
Programme available here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rt Hon Paul Burstow MP, Former Minister for Care and Support, Chair of CentreForum Mental Health Commission.
- Professor Lord Layard, Director, Well-Being Programme, London School of Economics.
- Karen Jackson, Director, didlaw.
- Paul Farmer, Chief Executive, Mind.
- Karen Steadman, Senior Researcher, The Work Foundation.
- Dave Moore, Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing, Santander.
- Fiona King, Benefits Rehabilitation Manager, Legal & General.
- James Kempton, Associate Director, Education and Social Policy, CentreForum.
- Oonagh Aitken, Chief Executive, Community Service Volunteers.
- Jan Hutchinson, Director of Programmes, Centre for Mental Health.
Liberal Democrat Spring Conference, Liverpool
Friday 13th March
Will the electorate ever love coalitions at Westminster?
Speakers: Don Foster MP, Deputy Chief Whip; Baroness Randerson and Professor Andrew Russell, Manchester University
Chair: Neil Sherlock
Partner: National Citizen Service
Mental health and young people: meeting the challenge
Speakers: Paul Adnitt, National Citizen Service; Norman Lamb MP, Minister of State, Department of Health; Dr John Stevens, Mersey Care NHS Trust
Chair: Paul Burstow MP
Saturday 14th March
Partner: Liberal Reform
The F word: what do we mean by 'fairness'?
Speakers: Kelly-Marie Blundell, PPC for Guildford; Kavya Kaushik, Liberal Reform; Steve Webb MP, Minister of State, DWP
Chair: Tom Papworth, CentreForum
From cradle to college: a liberal vision for education
Speakers: Janet Grauberg; Rt Hon David Laws MP, Minister of State, Department of Education; Professor Stephen Lee, CentreForum and Lord Storey
Chair: James Kempton, CentreForum
Liberalism and economic policy: the coalition and beyond
Wednesday 18th March, central London venue
- Lord Newby, Deputy Chief Whip
- Vicky Pryce, economist and author
- Dr Peter Sloman, New College, Oxford
- Giles Wilkes, Financial Times
Chair: Duncan Greenland, Chair of Trustees, CentreForum